The IB Diploma Programme at ISGS is a selective programme. Given the advanced nature of the program certain requirements need to be met in the pre-IB years in order to be admitted to the IB diploma programme for the final two years of high school.
To be eligible for enrollment in the IB diploma programme in grade 11, the following requirements must be met:
- The student must be recognized by ISGS faculty and administration as having good study habits, organization and time management, and a high degree of academic motivation (curiosity for learning, seriousness of purpose, academic discipline). Applicants from another school should demonstrate this with a recommendation letter from their former school.
- The student must have a good academic record (at least 4.50 average or equivalent)
- The student must demonstrate his/her commitment to service by having fulfilled at least 20 hours of community service before beginning the IB Diploma programme.
- The student must have a strong command of academic English, which will be assessed in an in-house test.
- The student must demonstrate moral values, mission and academic honesty in-line with the IB program.
To demonstrate these the student must complete the following:
- A motivation letter (personal statement explaining his/hers reasons for wanting to join the IB DP)
- An interview by the DP coordinator and the school management
- A pre-selection of diploma courses (bearing in mind that there is no guarantee that they will be offered by the school).
A student should not have a grade below four in any subject she/he wishes to take at a higher level.
Successful applicants and their parents will get detailed information about the content and nature of the IBDP, which they must accept before enrollment.